The University of Tennessee has many online resources available for faculty, staff, and students.
UT Libraries has curated a research guide: The Intersection of Race, the Pandemic, and Higher Education that includes several topical categories, including resources to get involved; podcasts, blogs, and other listening/reading material; resources for scholars, and links to other UT resources.
- What is bias?—click for definitions.
- Report an incident of bias to the UT Bias Incident and Referral Team.
- A guide to bystander intervention from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- UT Diversity Information & Links
- UT Office of Multicultural Student Life.
- UT Office of Equity and Diversity.
- Student Government Association Diversity Affairs Committee.
- No More Invisible Man, by Adia Harvey Wingfield (includes interviews with Black engineers and engineering professors)
- These Factors Drive Black Men Out of Engineering School (and how to address the issue)
The following list provides information sources for interested people who want to learn more. It was compiled from a multitude of sources, including Assistant Professor Kyla McMullen and Lecturer Jeremy Waisome, both engineering colleagues from the University of Florida and co-hosts of the Modern Figures Podcast; colleagues from the George R. Brown School of Engineering at Rice University; and colleagues here at the University of Tennessee.
- “What Can I Do?” — resources, subject matter experts, and definitions to help understand power and privilege.
- 97 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- Alliance of White Anti-Racists-LA: White Anti Racist Culture Building Toolkit
- Anti-Oppression Resource and Training Alliances: Dismantling Anti-Black Bias in Democratic Workplaces Toolkit
- Anti-Racism Resources for White People
- Drake University Social Justice Toolkit
- National Juvenile Justice Network: Training and Resources for Anti-Racist Organizational Development
- OWN: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Reducing Gender Biases in Modern Workplaces: A Small Wins Approach to Organizational Change
- Scaffolding Anti-Racist Resources
- Skype a Scientist: Anti-racism in Science
- 20 Best Books about Anti-Racism to educate yourself
- Ten Small Steps for Department Chairs to Foster Inclusion
- The Everyday Language of White Racism by Jane H. Hill (a downloadable e-book from UT Libraries)
- Tri-Co Allyship and Anti-Oppression: A Resource Guide
- Understanding Modern-Day Segregation with Nikole Hannah-Jones
- University of Southern California Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Research Guide: Anti-Racist Pedagogy
- ‘We Can’t Ignore This Issue’: How to Talk With Students About Racism
- What white Americans can learn about racism from the coronavirus
- Why So Many Organizations Stay White
- A Partial Map of Black-led Black Liberation Organizing
- Advancement Project
- Black Lives Matter
- Black Youth Project
- Color of Change
- Dream Defenders
- Equal Justice Initiative
- 5 Ways to Show Up for Racial Justice Today
- Know Your Rights Camp
- National Coalition on Black Civic Participation
- Obama Anguish & Action Toolkit
- Showing Up For Racial Justice
- American Association of Black Psychologists FamilyCare, CommunityCare and SelfCare Tool Kit
- Boston College Institute for the Study and Promotion of Race and Culture Racial Trauma Toolkit
- Mental Health First Aid USA: 3 Self-Care Tips to Cope With A Culture of Violence
- Radical Self-Care 25 Tips for Black People
- Advice For Faculty Members Feeling Exhausted by Racial Battle Fatigue
- Taking Care of Yourself and Others During Racial Trauma: A guide for healing in the face of race-based turmoil
- What is Racial Trauma and How to Practice Radical Self-Care
- 365 DAYS OF AFFIRMING BLACK LIFE AND AMPLIFYING BLACK LOVE
- Detox Local’s list of mental health and substance use resources specifically for the AAPI community
- Live Another Day’s 42 mental health and addiction recovery resources to support Black college students