The Diversity Action Plan (DAP) is intended to prioritize and guide activities to meaningfully better the culture and climate of the college in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The college’s DAP was approved in the spring of 2021. It is a living document that is the culmination of hundreds of hours of thoughtful, intentional work by faculty, staff, and students of the college. It is intended to prioritize and guide activities to meaningfully better the culture and climate of the college in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion. Each of the five goals of the plan include specific actions the college intends to take to make strides in these areas.
- Download the college’s Annual Diversity Action Priorities.
- Goal 1: Create and sustain a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive campus climate that allows for respectful interaction and viewpoint diversity.
- Goal 2: Attract and retain greater numbers of individuals from historically underrepresented populations into faculty, staff, and administrative positions (particularly department heads, directors, deans, and vice chancellors).
- Goal 3: Attract, retain, and graduate increasing numbers of undergraduate and graduate students from historically underrepresented populations and international students.
- Goal 4: Develop and strengthen partnerships with diverse communities in Tennessee and globally.
- Goal 5: Prepare undergraduate and graduate students to work and to serve in a diverse world by affording them the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to be a productive and contributing citizen of this state and nation and capable of competing in a global society.