in Engineering Program
The Women in Engineering (WiE) Program strives to redefine engineering as a community engaged in meaningful work focused on solving problems that face our society and the world. Our goal is to ensure all women have opportunities to explore the endless possibilities that await them through our outreach, recruitment, and retention initiatives.
The program facilitates the full participation of women engineering students in a welcoming and empowering environment. WiE provides women with a supportive network and engaging academic and professional programs to explore the possibilities within engineering.
With the friendly environment and small-town vibes of campus, we know you will instantly feel at home!
Benefits of WiE
From outreach to the advancement of women in engineering, WiE provides young girls and women with connections to resources, support, mentorship, and engaging programs designed for them to discover the passions that will guide their academic and professional careers.
Whether you are thinking about joining us on Rocky Top, already here, or have already graduated, we would love for you to join our network. Check out the ways below you can become involved in the program.
We invite you to connect with us on social media and attend one of our upcoming events. Our ambassadors are also a great resource to help you explore majors and careers in engineering.
- Ask our Women in Engineering Ambassadors or college ambassadors your questions.
- Visit us either virtually or in-person:
- WiE Virtual Information Session (Fall)
- WiE ConNEXTion Day (Spring)
- WiE Campus Visits (Year-Round)
- Connect with us on social media.
Volunteer at one of our events or serve as a mentor to your fellow student. Volunteering is a great way to give back while also adding experience to your resume. Explore the ways to get involved below.
- Engage with faculty, staff, and students at our annual Women in Engineering Welcome Event
- Participate in one of the college’s mentoring program as a mentor or mentee
- Share your passion for engineering with young girls at K-12 outreach events
We’d love to have you join us in our outreach efforts across the college. Sharing your expertise and experience with all students is critical to our success. Check out the ways you can get involved.
- Speak to prospective students
- Be a guest speaker
- Mentor a current student
- Answering industry-specific questions