If you have questions, speak with one of our experienced philanthropy professionals.
Checks should be made payable to the University of Tennessee Foundation, Inc. Please indicate beneficiary on memo line and mail checks to Engineering Development, 118 Perkins Hall, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996-2012
Gifts through the University of Tennessee Foundation used to create a permanent investment fund in which the income is designated by the donor for scholarships, fellowships, professorship, etc.
For example, a $100,000 endowment provides approximately $4,500 a year, a $150,000 endowment provides approximately $6,750 a year, and so forth.
These may be named for the donor or in honor of someone the donor chooses. As long as there is the University of Tennessee, the endowment will provide an annual income!
Plan for the Tax Season
There can be significant tax advantages for donors choosing to transfer securities as a charitable gift.
- Wills/Bequests: Your estate opens the door to a unique giving opportunity.
- Retirement Plan Assets: Your beneficiaries may owe income tax at your death, which may be reason enough to consider giving your loved ones less heavily taxed assets and leaving your retirement plan assets to charity instead.
- Life Insurance Death Benefits: If you no longer need the coverage to protect your loved ones, consider changing your policy’s beneficiary to support our work.
- Trusts: Charitable gift annuities or remainder trusts
Gifts which generate income
- For more, visit our planned giving website
Office of Engineering Development
118 Perkins Hall
1506 Middle Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-2012
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Eastern