Application Deadline: Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm (ET)
You will need to gather the following information to begin your application. You will be able to start and save the application throughout the process.
Part 1: Applicant Personal Information
Part 2: Applicant Academic Information
Part 3: Letter of Recommendation
- Please provide the names and email addresses of two (2) individuals who can provide insight into your character, work ethic, and/or experience working with students. Our office, the Office of Diversity Programs (ODP), will provide your references with an evaluation form to complete.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek recommendations from individuals outside of the ODP.
- No written letters of recommendation will be accepted.
Part 4: Upload Your Resume
- You will need to upload a pdf version of your resume to be considered for the counselor position.
Part 5: Provide a Link to Your Introduction Video (YouTube, URL address, etc.)
- Your introduction video makes it easy for us to quickly get a sense of your personality and motivation to serve as a pre-college counselor. It is meant to show us who you are…so relax, be yourself, and get creative! There is no time limit or format for your introduction video.
- Prompt: Introduce yourself to the high school students participating in our summer program and explain why you chose UT.
All applications must be submitted online by Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm (ET). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.
If you accept the offer to be a counselor, you will need to participate in all meetings and attend the following sessions:
- Counselor Individual Interviews: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 or Thursday, February 11, 2021
- Counselor Training #1: Friday, April 9, 2021
- Counselor Training #2: Wednesday, June 2–Friday, June 4, 2021
- Pre-College Summer Programs: Sunday, June 6–11, 2021
Check back later for this year’s application.
If you are ready to continue, please proceed to the Pre-College Counselor Application.