You will need to gather the following information to begin your application. The application must be completed and submitted in the same session. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Part 1: Applicant Personal Information
Part 2: Applicant Academic Information
Part 3: Letter of Recommendation
- Please provide need the names and email addresses of two (2) individuals who can provide insight into your character, work ethic, and/or experience working with students. Our office will contact your references and provide a form for them to complete.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek recommendations from individuals outside of the Office of Engineering Diversity Programs.
- No written letters of recommendation will be accepted.
Part 4: Upload Resume
- You will need to upload a pdf version of your resume to be considered for the counselor position.
Part 5: Introduction Video Submission (YouTube, URL address etc.)
You will be asked to provide a link to your introduction video. Your introduction video should be 3-5 minutes in duration and must answer the question below:
- Prompt: What special qualifications or experiences do you believe will make you a successful counselor?
All applications must be submitted online by Friday, December 21, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please contact us at email@example.com or (865) 974-0625 for questions or comments.
If you accept the offer to be a counselor, you will need to participate in all meetings and attend the following sessions:
- Counselor Training #1: Friday, February 15 – Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Counselor Training #2: Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Counselor Training #3: Wednesday, July 3 – Friday, July 5, 2019
If you are ready to continue, please proceed to the Pre-College Counselor Application.