Change coming to the Hill
UT will soon begin construction on a new engineering complex that will provide state-of-the-art research and classroom facilities for engineering students and faculty. The space is being framed as a gateway to engineering, providing engineering students hands-on experiences from their first day on campus.
- A $129 million, 228,000-square-foot building
- Berry Hall, Estabrook Hall, and Pasqua Hall will be removed to make way for the new building. Read more about UT’s engineering buildings.
- Expected to open in late 2021
- Will create a new south entrance for campus via the Hill and surrounding areas.
- Bookmark tiny.utk.edu/gateway to check up on progress with this time lapse camera view.
- The innovative Jerry E. Stoneking engage™ Engineering Fundamentals program
- The Joseph C. and Judith E. Cook Grand Challenge Honors program
- The Min H. and Yu Fan Kao Innovation and Collaboration Studio
- 8th-ranked Department of Nuclear Engineering
- Laboratories for advanced engineering research