Gateway to Engineering Nears Completion
Construction is well underway on the Zeanah Engineering Complex that will provide state-of-the-art research and educational facilities for engineering students, faculty, and staff. The space is being framed as UT’s Gateway to Engineering, providing engineering students hands-on experiences from their first day on campus.
- A $129 million, 228,000-square-foot building
- Berry Hall, Estabrook Hall, and Pasqua Hall were removed to make way for the new building’s large footprint. Read more about UT’s engineering buildings.
- Expected to open for fall 2021
- Will create a new south entrance for campus via the Hill and surrounding areas.
- Bookmark tiny.utk.edu/gateway to check up on progress with this time lapse camera view.
- The innovative Jerry E. Stoneking engage Engineering Fundamentals program
- The Joseph C. and Judith E. Cook Grand Challenge Honors program
- The Min H. and Yu Fan Kao Innovation and Collaboration Studio
- Top-ranked Department of Nuclear Engineering
- Laboratories for advanced engineering research
Grand Opening Celebration
Join us for the Grand Opening Celebration of the Zeanah Engineering Complex on Friday, October 8, 2021. The celebration will include a reception, building tours, and lab showcases immediately following the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Check out the details for the event below.
- Friday, October 8, 2021
- 2-4 p.m.
- Zeanah Engineering Complex, Ground floor plaza
- 863 Neyland Drive, Knoxville TN 37996
Guest parking will be available in the G-10 parking garage, 1500 Philip Fulmer Way. Use the Neyland Drive entrance.