Gateway to Engineering Nears Completion
Construction is well underway on the Zeanah Engineering Complex that will provide state-of-the-art research and educational facilities for engineering students, faculty, and staff. The space is being framed as UT’s Gateway to Engineering, providing engineering students hands-on experiences from their first day on campus.
- A $129 million, 228,000-square-foot building
- Berry Hall, Estabrook Hall, and Pasqua Hall were removed to make way for the new building’s large footprint. Read more about UT’s engineering buildings.
- Expected to open for fall 2021
- Will create a new south entrance for campus via the Hill and surrounding areas.
- Bookmark tiny.utk.edu/gateway to check up on progress with this time lapse camera view.
- The innovative Jerry E. Stoneking engage Engineering Fundamentals program
- The Joseph C. and Judith E. Cook Grand Challenge Honors program
- The Min H. and Yu Fan Kao Innovation and Collaboration Studio
- Top-ranked Department of Nuclear Engineering
- Laboratories for advanced engineering research