As you prepare to attend your Orientation session, please review this college introduction presentation from the Office of Advising.
You will also need to complete the following worksheets. You and your advisor will use these worksheets to finalize your first semester academic plan.
- AP/IB/Dual Credit Worksheet
- If you need assistance in identifying your Dual Enrollment credits, please use the Transfer Equivalency Tables
- If you need assistance in identifying your AP/IB credits earned, please visit admissions.utk.edu.
- Please remember to send official scores and transcripts to UT Admissions Office in order to post credits to your UT Academic Transcript.
- General Education Worksheet
- Engineers choose courses in the following categories: Arts & Humanities; Culture & Civilizations; and Social Sciences. For some Engineering majors, Economics 201/207 is a required Social Science. All other General Education categories are prescribed by your major.
- Please use the Undergraduate Catalog to see the list of approved courses in each category.
- If a UT class is not on these lists, it does not count for General Education.
- Academic Plan Worksheet
Be sure to bring a tablet or laptop (and charger) with you to orientation.
If you have questions about any of the worksheets or information you are learning, please contact the Engineering Advising Office (865)974-4008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.