Opportunities for Success
The National Science Foundation has awarded a grant to the Tickle College of Engineering to facilitate the success of engineering transfer students. This grant, Transfer Success Co-Design in Engineering Disciplines, provides scholarships of $6,000 per year, renewable for a total of three years.
How It Works
Transfer Students can graduate with a degree in engineering from UT with:
- 2 years of community college
- Participation in the TranSCEnD Summer Bridge Program
- 3 years of engineering coursework at UT
Additional Program Benefits
- Bridge Program via Summer Research Project
- Develop a Transfer Peer-Cohort & Study Group
- Access to dedicated faculty mentors
- Opportunities to participate in industry-sponsored paid co-op and internship programs through the Office of Engineering Professional Practice
The following requirements apply:
- Only US citizens, nationals, or permanent residents are eligible to apply.
- Acceptance into the college through the normal application process with full-time status is mandatory.
- Students must demonstrate financial need (Pell Grant Eligible) as determined by the UT Office of Financial Aid.
Check out some of what students have accomplished:
The application has three components:
- Apply to the University of Tennessee
- Submit FAFSA Financial Aid Paperwork
- Apply to the TranSCEnD Program
- Review of applications will begin February 1, 2019
For more information about the program, please contact email@example.com.