There are two components to all research proposals: the technical narrative and everything else. Our team provides one-on-one support that allows faculty to focus on the narrative while we manage everything else required for a quality proposal that complies with agency guidelines, university policies, and regulatory requirements.
We will ensure your grant application includes all mandatory documents and is ready for review by the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), the office that actually submits proposals from the University of Tennessee to funding agencies, foundations, etc. We also coordinate with OSP on your behalf to address any issues or concerns that may arise during OSP’s administrative review before submission to the funding agency.
Whether you are planning to lead a submission from UT or collaborate with a colleague at another institution, contact ERO for assistance with preparing your proposal documents and navigating the many related requirements. The earlier you contact us, the more help we can provide.
Proposal Support Services Offered
- Review RFP/solicitation for requirements
- Develop matrix of proposal requirements/responsibilities and timeline
- Create required document templates
- Develop budget and budget-related documents
- Prepare cost share budgets and coordinate cost share commitments
- Facilitate internal and external collaborative arrangements
- Coordinate subrecipient documentation
- Draft non-technical sections of the narrative, e.g., organization overview, past performance, broad IP language
- Copyedit for clarity, flow, and conciseness, if timeline allows
- Format documents for compliance and cohesiveness
- Facilitate internal approvals (Cayuse) and coordinate with OSP
Jada Huskey is the contact for Proposal Support Services.