If you have faculty or staff that travel with students for a university sponsored event, please be sure to complete the web form and follow instructions found on the Clery Act website.
Travel includes both long and short over-night stays (domestic or international). Failure to complete the form can cause the university to underreport crime statistics which could lead to strict fines and penalties from the Department of Education.
You do not need to fill out this form if:
- The travel did not consist of an overnight stay
- The university did not directly pay for the hotel/lodging facility
- The university did not have a written agreement to use the hotel/lodging facility
- A student or employee paid for the hotel/lodging facility and the university reimbursed them
- The university did not pay or have a written agreement to utilize other space during your travel (labs, practice facilities, etc.)