Pre-College Counselor Application Checklist
You will need to gather the following information to begin your application. You will be able to start and save the application throughout the process.
Part 1: Applicant Personal Information
Part 2: Applicant Academic Information
Part 3: Letter of Recommendation
- Please provide the names and email addresses of two (2) individuals who can provide insight into your character and work ethic, and/or experience working with students. Our office will provide your references with an evaluation form to complete.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek recommendations from individuals outside of our office (ex: EF instructor, gen. ed. instructor, work supervisor).
- No written letters of recommendation will be accepted.
Part 4: Upload Your Resume
- You will need to upload a pdf version of your resume to be considered for the counselor position.
Part 5: Introduction Video
- Your introduction video makes it easy for us to quickly get a sense of your personality and motivation to serve as a pre-college counselor. It is meant to show us who you are—so relax, be yourself, and get creative! There is no format for your introduction video, however, please keep the time limit to no more than 10 minutes.
All applications must be submitted online. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please contact Caitlin Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
- Counselor Individual Interviews: February 5-7, 2024
- Counselor Group Interviews: February 10, 2024
If you accept the offer to proceed to the interview process, you will need to participate in individual and/or group interviews on the following dates:
- Counselor Training #1: March 2, 2024
- Counselor Training #2: April 5, 2024
- Counselor Training #3: July 2-3, 2024
- Pre-College Summer Programs:
- HITES12: July 7-12, 2024
- eVOL10: July 14-19, 2024
The Pre-College Counselor Application will open on November 1. All interested applicants will need to submit their application and materials by February 1, 2024.