The Tickle College of Engineering initiated the first HITES12 program in 2001. The program identifies and selects rising twelfth-grade students who are eager to tackle real-world engineering challenges through creative applications of math and science.
HITES12 provides an opportunity to explore engineering and campus life at the University of Tennessee. HITES12 takes place June 12–17, 2022.
Students will engage with faculty and staff, be introduced to engineering fundamentals, learn about college life, and compete in daily engineering challenges. Throughout the program, students will team up with one other to apply what they have learned and work on an engineering design project.
HITES12 provides a one-week residential experience, offered at no major cost, and includes the following experiences:
- Orientation session
- Ice breakers and team building exercises
- College life and preparation sessions with UT staff
- Engineering department visits hosted by UT faculty and undergraduate and graduate students
- Educational supplies for the week
- Laboratory demonstrations
- Engineering challenges and group design project
- Counselor-to-peer mentoring
- Closing awards reception
Applications are now open. The deadline to register is March 4, 2022.
To stay informed about our pre-college updates, please join our mailing list.
For additional information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.