The college initiated the first HITES12 program in 2001. The program identifies and selects rising twelfth-grade students who demonstrate interests within math and science.
HITES12 provides an opportunity to explore engineering and campus life at UT. HITES12 will be hosted July 7-12, 2019.
Thirty-two students are selected to participate within each session. Students live within a residence hall on campus, engage in hands-on engineering fundamentals activities, college life sessions, compete in engineering challenges, and tour an engineering industrial plant. Throughout the program, students team with each other to apply what was learned and work on an engineering design project.
All applicants must have a minimum ACT math score of 25 (SAT math score of 590). If you haven’t taken the ACT/SAT, we encourage you to apply by uploading your ACT/SAT registration page in the required field. Once your scores arrive, please email them to email@example.com no later than April 30, 2019.
The HITES12 program provides a one-week experience, at no major cost, and includes following:
- Orientation session
- Ice breakers and team building exercises
- Residential hall accommodations for five nights
- College life and preparation sessions with university staff
- Engineering department visits hosted by university faculty, undergraduate, and graduate students
- UT campus tour
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Campus life and recreation
- Hands-on laboratory demonstrations
- Engineering challenges and group design project
- Counselor-to-peer mentoring
- Engineering field trip
- Closing awards reception
For additional information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 865-974-0625.
Applications for the HITES12 program are now closed.