Pre-College Program Status
Protecting the health and well-being of our Volunteer family remains our top priority, and that includes our future Vols and pre-college participants. In order to accomplish this, we will be moving our summer pre-college programs online.
HITES12 began in 2001 and remains one of our most popular pre-college programs. Hosted by the Office of Engineering Diversity Programs, HITES12 identifies and selects rising twelfth-grade students who are eager to tackle real-world engineering challenges through creative applications of math and science.
HITES12 will take place June 6–11, 2021 and June 20-25. 2021. Applications are now open. All applications must be submitted by Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
Students will engage with faculty and staff, be introduced to engineering fundamentals, learn about college life, and compete in daily engineering challenges. Throughout the program, students will team up with one other to apply what they have learned and work on an engineering design project.
HITES12 is offered at no major cost and includes the following experiences:
- Orientation session
- Virtual ice breakers and team building exercises
- College life and preparation sessions with UT staff
- Virtual engineering department visits hosted by UT faculty and undergraduate and graduate students
- Educational supplies for the week
- Laboratory demonstrations
- Engineering challenges and virtual group design project
- Counselor-to-peer mentoring
- Closing awards reception
For additional information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.