The college is hosting the 6th annual E-VOL10 for rising tenth grade students who demonstrate interests in engineering. E-VOL10 provides an introduction to chemistry and awareness of engineering careers. The program will be hosted July 14-19, 2019.
Thirty-two students are selected to participate. Students live within a residence hall on the UT campus and engage in chemistry, ACT preparation, compete in engineering challenges, and tour an engineering industrial plant. Throughout the program, students team with each other to apply what was learned and work on an engineering design project.
E-VOL10 provides a one-week experience, at no major cost, and includes the following:
- Orientation session
- Ice breakers and team building exercises
- Residential hall accommodations for five nights
- ACT preparation
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Campus life and recreation
- Engineering challenges and group design project
- Counselor-to-peer mentoring
- Engineering field trip
- Closing awards reception
For additional information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 865-974-0625.