The college is hosting the 7th annual eVOL10 for rising tenth grade students who demonstrate interests in engineering. eVOL10 provides an introduction to chemistry and awareness of engineering careers. The program will be hosted June 7–12, 2020.
Thirty-two students are selected to participate. Students live within a residence hall on the UT campus and engage in chemistry, ACT preparation, compete in engineering challenges, and tour an engineering industrial plant. Throughout the program, students team with each other to apply what was learned and work on an engineering design project.
eVOL10 provides a one-week experience, at no major cost, and includes the following:
- Orientation session
- Ice breakers and team building exercises
- Residential hall accommodations for five nights
- ACT preparation
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Campus life and recreation
- Engineering challenges and group design project
- Counselor-to-peer mentoring
- Engineering field trip
- Closing awards reception
For additional information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 865-974-0625.