The Tickle College of Engineering’s (TCE) Women in Engineering (WiE) Program is pleased to introduce our 2021–2022 women-centric groups. WiE LEAD is a collective of women-centric student organizations that provide female students opportunities for leadership development, mentoring, and collaboration. The collective is also a platform for student leaders to provide feedback and contribute to TCE’s recruitment, retention, and engagement strategies for undergraduate and graduate women within the college. We encourage you to connect with them during your journey at UT.
- Alpha Omega Epsilon (AOE) STEM Sorority
- SYSTERS: Women in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Women in Industrial and Systems Engineering (WISE)
- Women in Nuclear (WIN)
WiE LEAD is also a great resource as you prepare for the Engineering Expo. Check out their upcoming professional development opportunities:
- WISE: Engineering Expo Prep Night – Join WISE for coffee and donuts, plus resume help and tips for the Engineering Expo.
- Date: September 9th
- Time: 5–6 p.m.
- Location: John D. Tickle Building, 5th Floor Conference Room
- WIN’s Student Experience Panel – WIN will bring in students with past co-op/internship experiences to talk to students about how they were hired/what they did in their role. This event will be part of a larger week-long series with the other nuclear student organizations for their prep for the Engineering Expo week.
- Date: September 9th
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Location: Min Kao 622
- SYSTERS: Women in EECS – Systers will share more information about their mentorship, tutoring, and volunteer programs and their fall semester event schedule. There will be snacks, fun crafts, and exciting skill series discussions that you won’t want to miss. Come find out how you can be involved with Systers this semester and better prepare yourself for the upcoming Engineering Expo.
- Date: September 10th
- Time: 6:30–7:30 p.m.
- Location: Min Kao 217
- SWE’s Evening with Industry – Come network with companies the night before the Engineering Expo at a dinner provided by SWE with a stress free environment. This event is a collaboration with SWE, NSBE, SHPE, and SASE. Location and registration details to come.
- Date: September 13th
- Time: 6–8 p.m.
- Location: TBD
For more information about these organizations and to get connected, please email Jalonda N. Thompson at email@example.com.